Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Artwork: Tree

I identify with trees and just absolutely love them.  They are curvy and sexy, and feel grounded, stable, and everlasting.  Even the wimpiest trees feel like they'll be there forever.  Within a tree, I see the stillness and peace of living off the earth only needing a few necessities to just exist within time.  I enjoy their shadows against concrete and brick walls, reminders of the moving sun.  I see the loneliness and emptiness within the starkness of a tree in winter as the seasons continue to cycle through another year reminding me of my mortality.  Trees feed my imagination where aliens and fantastical creatures look like they could just climb out of the ground and walk upon their roots, tall and proud.  Sometimes I wish I could be a tree, but instead I just draw and color them.

No comments: