Saturday, September 22, 2007

Glorious Food

I am going to grow super fat when I get back to the states. One thing Africa has not taught me is self-control with respect to food. Africa forces self-control by depriving, by offering limited food choices: flour, rice, meat, okra, eggplant, onions, cabbage, pasta and beans.

I could try binging on bread or pancakes, but I get awfully tired of eating them.

Amongst cheese, cookies, candy, ice cream, chips, fast food, restaurants, and piles of fruit and vegetables, I am afraid I'm going to binge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just loved this comment:


No matter how you choose your adventure in Africa, everything eventually works out.

Thanks for the smile! I worked in Gumare Botswana in the mid 1980s, a small village with no electricity. It was a Canadian programme, a bit like Peace Corps, lousy wages, but interesting teaching, for sure!

cheers from Ruth
ian_mcall(a)mac.com