Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Lazy Sunny Day

Today was a lazy Sunday.

During my 1 hour Chinese class, I learned how to properly use the words, before and after.

Then I went on a 5 hour bike ride with my Chinese friends to what seemed like a national park that had a great big valley, a couple of lakes, and a small waterfall. I walked down the hills not trusting my brakes and then back up the valley pushing my one gear bike.

I watched a couple of episodes of Stargate Atlantis.

I visited with freshmen at the Tree House.

The day ended with an evening Thanksgiving meal with all of its fixings prepared by Chef Sitemate.

Now it is time for bed. I have to teach at 8 am tomorrow and hopefully weather permitting, I will be able to bike the 20 minutes to New Campus, teach and come back for my afternoon class plus buy a train ticket to Chengdu. Peace Corps wants me to reschedule my classes and come in for a medical checkup and a flu shot. They will fly me back so I can give my sitemate her flu shot before she goes off for the week long October holiday.

September has been a teaching month where I barely teach. I wonder how October will be. Will I have daily lazy Sundays or will I actually be teaching?

No comments: