Thursday, December 24, 2009

Butter

After sitting in the Tree House for a couple hours then unable to hail a taxi, I took a bus to one of the American middle school teacher's flat and spent a pleasant Christmas Eve under the glow of the tall plastic Christmas tree gorging myself with butter. Mashed potatoes, salmon, and broccoli were prepared and Christmas cookies were served as dessert. Food tasted amazing. I had forgotten how butter is just so delicious.

The hostess gave me a beautiful basket that will be perfect for stashing yarn. It was full of edible goodies and I handed out tea cozies, bookmarks, and cards that entitled the bearer to a free knitted gift of their choice.

I find it a bit hypocritical of me handing out trinkets that fill people's houses with stuff. I don't like filling my house with stuff, and I don't like receiving stuff. Food is a perfect gift, but tea cozies and bookmarks are just plain crap, beautiful crap, but none the less crap. Why do I do it? Why? I don't like receiving such things so why do I give them out?

Well,
  1. What does one do with small balls of yarn but to make small trinkets?
  2. I have to keep my hands moving which results in a ton of homemade clutter.
Anyways, now I am tired and am ready for bed.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

u will never beat my mile time eating butter :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAnah0l0rqk