Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Whiteout, Gym, Christmas day

Do you use whiteout?

Students as they take their short stories written exam do not use white out.  Instead they use pieces of tape to pull off the words from the paper.
 

Exercise Buffet

Since I have a free membership to the gym, every night is like visiting an exercise buffet.  There are so many classes I can pick from.  So far I have tried spinning, yoga, and a step class.  Other nights they offer combat, kick boxing, belly dancing, and jazz dance.  It is really cool to be able to pick and choose which class to take each evening.
 
I was never able to afford yoga in America.  I've been enjoying stretching parts of my body that I didn't even know existed.  I am only a novice so I am wondering what do you think are the benefits of yoga?
 
I really dislike running on treadmills.  I feel like I am in a futuristic movie where the environment has been destroyed and now humankind lives indoors with their machines.
 

Christmas Day

When it comes to China, I have become cynical.  On Christmas day my sitemate suggested we go roller skating on the rooftop of a downtown building.  It had snowed the day before and there was still a good layer of snow and ice all around.  I was like there is no way that the roller skating rink will clear away the snow.  It is China.  I was wrong and realized, "Wow, Jennifer you are so cynical."  We went roller skating.

 

In the evening, students didn't want us to feel lonely on Christmas day so they offered to make dumplings.  I declined going to the festivities preferring a few precious moments to be alone.  The week before Christmas had been rough because of the many student interviews, classes, exams, and Tree House.  I needed some me time.

No comments: