Saturday, March 17, 2012

One Yummy Chinese Snack

I don't like Chinese snacks. 

I have lived here for 4 years and can walk up and down an aisle without much tempting me.  After trying many of the packets of meat shaped tofu, crackers, cookies, and dried fruits, I have come to the conclusion that most of it is strange and spiced with strange combinations of glop, chemicals, spice, and oil.  I still try though, just coz it is kind of fun eating weird things like cuttlefish with their spiky skeletons even though I doubt I will ever buy that fishy bag of dried yellowed shapes again.

Tonight though, I found a yummy snack, the first one in years.

It is sliced, dried, sweet potato slivers melded together into a rectangle wedge with caramelized sugar. 

I like sweet potato french fries covered with salt.  I like popcorn covered with salt, but for some reason China likes to sweeten the things that I like salty, even the bread.

The sweet potato squares though, good!

No comments: