Thursday, August 12, 2010

As the world turns...

Yesterday I discovered a cool Shoreline bike trail that runs parallel to Aurora and I wonder if I had just missed it while living in Seattle or if it is new. Up on Aurora, I wanted to visit a pawn shop and try some Korean food. (Korean food has lots of crispy veggies right? Yes.) It was gift buying day, so I could leave the stuff at my friend's house before heading to Colorado. Hope people in China like Ferrero Chocolate. I am assuming they do since supermarkets stock it in the import section, and it is super expensive at least in Chinese terms. I also visited a Korean restaurant which had delicious yet not very spicy soft tofu soup and lots of small side dishes with barely cooked or pickled eggplant, tofu, spinach, cabbage, bean sprouts, and potato. In the evening I stopped by the old coffee/crepe shop that is across the street from where I used to live in Mapleleaf then I biked down to Greenlake. Wow... Greenlake was full of people, and it made me jealous of how active and outdoorsy Seattle is and made me homesick for sporty Jen. The dessert of the day was getting to have a homemade dinner with an old lab mate who was one of my really good friends while in graduate school. It was nice to catch up and to see that the world still turns in America while I am living in China.

No comments: