Sunday, August 01, 2010

Today's Tidbits

Inside my family's Southern country house full of knick knacks

If you work indoors and because of car culture, it is rare to feel the Alabama heat as people are shuffled back and forth from one energy cooled place to the next. Jet lag is tough. I woke up at 3 am, ate 6 spoonfuls of ice cream, and a piece of cheese. I went running at 5:30 am to escape the heat, yet during the 50 minute run I still lost about 3 lbs of water. The morning had a gorgeous sunrise over rolling fields of green covered with a layer of a ghostly mist. I realized that no matter where you are in the world there is always something beautiful to be felt.

Jet lag is tough. After helping my family clean out a rental place and after eating hamburger helper, instant scalloped potatoes and canned chicken breast, I crashed for three hours.

No comments: