Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Countdown to Goodbye: Haiku 10

Waiting till home leave
to buy a new computer
Job provides PC

I have almost checked off everything from the list of things to do before I COS on Thursday except for one big anxiety of should I purchase a computer that costs at least 200 USD more than in China.  Today I learned three wonderful things:

1.  Teach for China is working to get their staff all on PCs which means they might purchase me a work computer.
2.  I will start work this Saturday.
3.  This summer I will probably be staying in a job provided hotel which means I won't have to spend my new salary on housing.

Today was a good day.  I went to a museum and looked at vintage photographs by famous photographers.  Even though my bike is broken, I still got a lot of exercise walking in the sun from the subway to tea houses, a museum of Chinese paintings and hot pot restaurants.  I have finally been contacted by Teach for China and learned some great things.

No comments: