Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Countdown to Goodbye: Haiku 2-4

12 Haiku to Goodbye
 
Haiku 2
volunteer no more
CONSUMERISM takes over
books will be first
 
I've started browsing on-line bookstores searching for new books my favorite authors may have published in the past 6 years.  I am excited about the idea of reading books that I want to read and not just forcing through whatever I can find.  Michelle Tea has a new one as does Alison Bechdel, Margaret Atwood, Neil Gaiman, and Murakami.
 
Haiku 3
Finals done and graded
But sockets keep shorting
Excel inputs wait
 
I can't find the breaker box.  Every time I turn on my computer it blows a fuse and the night is spent reading instead of surfing.  The next morning a repair man comes while I'm out and upon returning home, the computer is switched on and a fuse is blown.  I feel like I'm in a cycle that is preventing me from leaving Chengdu with a peaceful flow of finishing school responsibilities, packing, and goodbye parties.
 
Haiku 4
Jog turns into 1 hr
Passing shufflers at 6 am
When will I be slower?

No comments: