Monday, June 11, 2012

Countdown to Goodbye: Haiku 9

Bike rear brake box died
After 5 noes by 5 shops
I have given up

I got an ancient looking used clunker last summer for 100 RMB ($16) and it has slowly been falling apart.  The chain falls off at least once every day.  The chain guard fell off several months ago and now the back wheel is extremely stuck.  It won't move unless the chain is off the gear wheel, and I am assuming it has something to do with the contraption that is attached to the back wheel which might be a band brake. 

Anyways, I don't want to waste time wandering the city looking for someone to repair my bike getting fed up with no after no.  I'd rather sit, read, write, and relax this last week as a Peace Corps volunteer.  I'm trying to treat these days as vacation before starting my new job next Monday.

No comments: