Friday, September 03, 2010

Gasworks Park Seattle

Traveling to Seattle and to Colorado, I was happily surrounded by an outdoorsy, healthy population.  It made me kind of self-conscious.  People were tanned riding bikes for exercise, training and participating in sprint triathlons, hiking, running, swimming, backpacking, and rock climbing.  It made me realize how much I miss being around people who enjoy sweating by being outdoors. 
 
My friend sent me some stats:
 
"300 days of sun," the phrase goes here (Colorado). Tons of biking, hiking, running, and more. This year Colorado again came in as the number one fittest / least obese state. (Washington is 22th and Alabama is tied for 49th for comparison).  
 
By the way, still having trouble with my Internet so I can't publish your comments, but I can still read them.  Thanks for all of the input.
 
 

No comments: