Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Boys Playing

I woke up to a flat tire and wasn't sure if it was because the valve was loose or because of a puncture. I tightened the valve, blew up the tire and will wait to see what happens tomorrow. I instead went on a run in the rain and made my black toenail bleed.

My new project is going to translate a menu at a near by restaurant. I will go down the menu one by one, eat a different dish, and create an English menu. You may be wondering, why haven't you done it earlier like when you first arrived? Because, my spoken Chinese food vocabulary hadn't gotten old yet: eggs and tomatoes, pork and peppers, noodles, fungus and pork, green vegetables, tofu, and eggplant. As I enter my third year in China, I've been eating the same things over and over again. I want something new.

No comments: