Saturday, June 12, 2010

Red Hard Hat

I have seen more women in China wearing hard hats and doing manual labor than I have seen in America. I think it is cool that women are frequently paving roads and working at construction sites.

Today is an ugh day. Why? Because it is Saturday and I have to teach like it is Monday. Why? Because Monday and Tuesday classes have been moved to Saturday and Sunday so that people can enjoy a three day holiday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday which is Dragon Boat Festival.

Today I also have to attend a three hour 7 pm speech competition on new campus to judge and to ask questions to non-majors. The topic of the speech is Culture Smart Science Intelligent. I already know what the main point of each speech will be. Science and culture can't exist one without the other and the world needs both to live in harmony.

No comments: